OK, so I did maybe cheat in my last post. So, here’s the real deal.
I was going through my drafts planning to buff up one of those old ones and present here. And imagine my surprise when I found this *desperately searches for pointing down smiley and realises that this is not Whatsapp* *now searches for face palm smiley* Sigh!
Not even fifty words into the post and I’ve digressed already. So, here’s what I found in my drafts:
I have no idea what part of Season 3 prompted me to suspect that. Methinks it’s time to rewatch Sherlock, jog those dormant grey cells to action and solve this mystery once and for all.
Catch you at the other end of Season 3 then! Ciao _/|\_
I am here after a PoI marathon, with the implications of season three finale fresh in my mind. The father of AI has been reduced to a number!!! 😯 I am still shocked and decided that this is the perfect time for a chill out post. Why not talk about dear old Mr.Finch and why I love him 🙂
- His love for books. The guy terms the neglect of libraries as ‘the decline of [Western] civilization’ and buys them just for the sake of it. Not to mention his drool-worthy collection of first editions.
- His adorable sense of style. The horn-rimmed glasses, the overcoats, the vests, the ties, the suits, the butterflies and the batwings. And the hairstyle, don’t forget the hairstyle 😎
- All that cash. Now, who wouldn’t want to date a billionaire?? 😉 More like a gazillionaire really.
- I have a thing for geeks. Plain truth.
- Beneath that geeky exterior, there is a die hard romantic. Did you notice that the only time he was angry was when Grace was in danger? It didn’t matter whether the threat was real or perceived.
- The subtle wit. Sample this: Reese enters the library and finding it empty, does a bit of clandestine exploring. He is shocked to see Finch appear, apparently, out of nowhere and confronts him, to which the latter replies:
- All said and done, he’s the good guy. If I’d built something with unimaginable power, I’d probably be wondering what to wear for my coronation as queen of the world. Not Harold though. He had to become invisible, partner with a CIA hitman and, eventually, forgo what little identity he had left, all to save the world. Awwwww!!!!!
I can go on and on but I will stop here because seven is a good number and mainly because I am way too sleepy to continue
Watch it, maybe
I have finally completed watching the Death Note anime series last week. It took me a good three months to finish it 😳 though it had a mere 37 twenty minute episodes. To some extent, the series itself was to blame for this delay ❗ It had its ups and downs, a bit more of the latter to be honest as my favourite character gets bumped off unceremoniously halfway through the show 😡 and my second favourite character disappears rather abruptly only to make an uninspiring comeback in the last few episodes.
Though it had only a limited number of characters, it was one too many for a show that had to move quite fast given its short time span. This was more conspicuous SPOILER ALERT after Ryuzaki dies ALERT ENDS and it made me lose interest in the show. The show’s creators probably felt the same way as I did and had decided to compensate by introducing new, but unfortunately, bad blood 😐 But I really thought that there would be some interesting history behind Ryuzaki (don’t tell me you didn’t notice his striking resemblance to the first Shinigami who turns to dust after saving Misa) which sadly went unexplored 😦 Why build up so much mystery around a character when you are just planning to do off with him just like that ❓ without even, wait for it, disclosing his name 😡
There is no proper justification given to the fanatical, bordering on annoying, devotion Misa, Keru, Takada have towards Light/Kira or the Shinigamis’ love (!?) for Misa. I mean, they are death gods, and they care about a human and an absolutely egoistic one at that ❗ ❓ ❗ The end was OK, nothing spectacular and it does not justify the means by a long shot.
My verdict – If you are an absolute anime fan that cannot resist characters with huge eyes (like me ), go ahead and watch it.