I am here after a PoI marathon, with the implications of season three finale fresh in my mind. The father of AI has been reduced to a number!!! 😯 I am still shocked and decided that this is the perfect time for a chill out post. Why not talk about dear old Mr.Finch and why I love him 🙂
- His love for books. The guy terms the neglect of libraries as ‘the decline of [Western] civilization’ and buys them just for the sake of it. Not to mention his drool-worthy collection of first editions.
- His adorable sense of style. The horn-rimmed glasses, the overcoats, the vests, the ties, the suits, the butterflies and the batwings. And the hairstyle, don’t forget the hairstyle 😎
- All that cash. Now, who wouldn’t want to date a billionaire?? 😉 More like a gazillionaire really.
- I have a thing for geeks. Plain truth.
- Beneath that geeky exterior, there is a die hard romantic. Did you notice that the only time he was angry was when Grace was in danger? It didn’t matter whether the threat was real or perceived.
- The subtle wit. Sample this: Reese enters the library and finding it empty, does a bit of clandestine exploring. He is shocked to see Finch appear, apparently, out of nowhere and confronts him, to which the latter replies:
- All said and done, he’s the good guy. If I’d built something with unimaginable power, I’d probably be wondering what to wear for my coronation as queen of the world. Not Harold though. He had to become invisible, partner with a CIA hitman and, eventually, forgo what little identity he had left, all to save the world. Awwwww!!!!!
I can go on and on but I will stop here because seven is a good number and mainly because I am way too sleepy to continue